Certification in Art Education
37 Credits Required
天天色综合,天天干影视 GPA 2.7 Required for admittance
天天色综合,天天干影视Maintain 3.0 in all coursework
- Introduction to Art Education
- Teachers, Schools, and Society
天天色综合,天天干影视- School Health
- Strategies and Methods for Teaching Art
- Child Development and Psychology for Educators
- Socially-Engaged Art Education
- Curriculum Development in Art Education
- Supporting English Learners for School Success
- Literacy in Content Areas
- Teaching Exceptional Students in Elementary OR
天天色综合,天天干影视 - Secondary Education in the Classroom
Student Teaching Courses:
- Professional Topics in Art Education
- Student Teaching I
- Student Teaching II
How is the program designed?
The program is designed to give teacher candidates a broad overview of education, in general, as well as a deeper understanding of art education pedagogy more specifically. Teacher candidates will apply their knowledge of artistic techniques and processes to build skills in planning, teaching, and assessment. Teacher candidates will become familiarized with concepts in artistic development, differentiated instruction, and culturally sustainable teaching practice. Teacher candidates are expected to engage in a self-reflective practice that will fuel their passions to grow and strengthen their abilities as an art teacher.
Are scholarships available?
Check out the scholarship information at
天天色综合,天天干影视[Note: As a Post-Bac you are an undergraduate student.]
How do I start my application?
You can start your application at http://slowcarbrevolution.com/admissions. You will be applying for the Post-Baccalaureate program.
What do I need to know before I apply?
The following State and University requirements must be fulfilled before starting the Post-Bac program. You must have:
- Obtained an undergraduate or master’s degree in art or 30 credits in studio art plus 9 credits in art related courses, such as art history or cultural studies.
- Completed 39 General Education credits in 5 out of 6 of the following areas: Natural Sciences, Fine Arts, Foreign Language, Mathematics, Social Studies, and English
- Taken the Praxis Core in Writing, Reading, and Math
- Earned cumulative G.P.A. of 2.7
What does the application require?
Review the requirements for admissions on the College of Education’s website: http://slowcarbrevolution.com/education/certification-programs
- Admissions Essay explaining the candidate’s goals and interests in the program. See prompt here:
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant's academic abilities and professional promise. Forms can be downloaded at http://slowcarbrevolution.com/sites/default/files/a/sites/education/recommendation-forms/Recommendation-Form-upload.pdf
- College transcripts
- Praxis Core scores
- Department Interview. We will contact you once all your materials have been submitted.
What are the application deadlines?
天天色综合,天天干影视May 1 for Fall acceptance
天天色综合,天天干影视November 1 for Spring acceptance
How long is this program?
The certification program will take you about two years to complete. Keep in mind that during your student teaching, you will need to be enrolled full-time. Most courses are offered at night. Some classes are offered during winter and summer sessions.
Will there be field experience requirements?
Throughout the program, students will be expected to take part in field experiences that will enrich their understanding of teaching and support concepts learned in the course work. Fieldwork hours vary between 20-40 hours depending on the course. Field experiences will be divided between suburban and urban classrooms in elementary, middle and high schools. In the final semester, teacher candidates will partake in a full-time student teaching experience totaling 16 weeks.
Are there other requirements?
天天色综合,天天干影视Toward the end of the program teacher candidates must complete two exams: the Praxis II Art Content exam (5135) and edTPA.
What if I’m still trying to decide?
You are welcome to try out the program before you apply by signing up for a course as a visiting student. Start with ART 270 or EDU 200. Note: Students seeking admission to any professional teacher education program may take no more than two professional education courses before they are accepted.
What if I already hold a certification in another subject area?
See information about cross-endorsement from the State at
Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
If you have additional questions, please contact Dr. Cheri Ehrlich, Art Education Coordinator and Assistant Professor in Art Education at firstname.lastname@example.org